PAWS & CLAWS THRIFT SHOPPE Operated by The Sierra County Humane Society, Inc. 109 East First Avenue (Adjacent to the T or C Family Dollar parking lot) Truth or Consequences,New Mexico 87901
STORE HOURS: Wed - Sat 11AM - 4PM Sun - Tues CLOSED
Paws & Claws Thrift Shoppe is, by far, the most important fund-raiser for the Sierra County Humane Society. It covers a major part of Desert Haven Animal Refuge's operating expenses. The organization would not survive as it is today without the monthly income from the shop.
The modest but very busy thrift shop is located in a prime shopping area of the small town of Truth or Consequences. It operates entirely with a dedicated and hard-working crew of volunteers, which keeps it open from Wednesday through Saturday year round, except on Fiesta Day, Fourth of July, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's Day.
Thrift Shop Highlights We offer a large variety of good used and new items; one-of-a-kind items, vintage clothing, rare and first edition books, furniture and even valuable antiques.
1. We provide vouchers to nurses who gather items of clothing for indigents to wear after a hospital stay.
2. We save Bibles and religious books for several non-profit organizations state-wide.
3. We distribute clothing, blankets and household items to local victims of disasters and in times of crisis.
4. We save new toys and stuffed animals all year long to donate at Christmas to the Toys for Tots program.
5. Children's books, craft items and quilt material are free of charge to local non-profit educators.
6. Complimentary coloring books, small toys and children newspapers about animals are handed out to well-behaved youngsters who visit the shop.
7. We donate boxes of new baseball caps to the residents of the NM Veterans Home.
8. Vouchers from the thrift shop are made available to people in need who come to us with a referral from specific community agencies.
For more information about Paws & Claws, contact: Eliana Aubin at 575-894-2639 or send her an e-mail
NOT PHYSICALLY ABLE TO COME IN TO Paws & Claws, or to adopt a companion animal, but willing to make a difference in his/her life? Your generous contribution will give a homeless pet another "leash on life" at Desert Haven Animal Refuge. Click the "DONATE" button at the top of this page, contact us at 575-894-1694 or e-mail Eliana Aubin.